Sunday, May 30, 2010

The OLYMPIC PENNISULA and forks

Last weekend we headed up north for our annual get-a-way with Kevin's sister and family. This year our destination was the BEAUTIFUL Olympic Pennisula. We stayed in a lovely house in Forks. But before anyone gets too excited let me just state for the record that a certain novel about vampires had NOTHING to do with our decision to stay there. It just happened to be where we found suitable lodging and NO we did not see any gorgeous vampires lurking around.
These pictures are completely out of order. I can't figure out how to get that right but this is at Clallam Bay. It was so pretty. We were told that there were awesome tide pools here and they were right but they were also about a mile away from the parking lot. After a six mile hike, not many of us were up for the additional two miler. But me and my niece Ellie took the challenge and were happy we did. Lori and Harrison walked out there too. I brought back a little crab to show everyone and then we put it back in the water. Me and Sis also found this lovely starfish. We toss that one back in too.





We had lots of fun picnics thanks to Kevin and Lori.


Cape Alava. Our destination from Lake Ozette. Aprox. 3 miles each way. Kevin carried Haylee on his shoulders the whole way.



Sol Duc Falls





Marymore Falls near Crescent lake. Those are water bottles in my pockets - not my hips - I promise. I can't believe I'm posting this hideous picture of me but I guess I have to prove I was actually there.






The beautiful Lake Crescent. Absolutely breathtaking!








The Dungoness Spit. Cool but cold.


















The petting zoo at the Olympic Game Park
















































Since I forgot my camera I had to rely on the kindness of Lori and Elic. They were kind enough to capture the adventure. We truly have a great time with their family. It was an awesome trip!












1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, but didn't you at least THINK about Edward once or twice, hoping he would burst through the forest and take you away?

    No?

    Ok. Just me then. Me, the 13-year-old teen girl. Yikes. :-)

    ReplyDelete