Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

My kindergartener! I have to admit I got a little teary-eyed as the bus drove away. I'm going to miss him!







It rained on the first day - what a bummer! I'm not quite ready to say good-bye to the summer weather - although we didn't have much to begin with this year.








It felt kind of strange at the bus stop. There was only one other little girl there. We are used to seeing at least twenty kids every morning. Maybe once all the houses fill in this will be the place to be. But if things keep going the way the are going it might turn into a retirement community - yikes!


















3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're down to just one at home. Too bad I don't live there. We could let the littles play and we could hang. Brats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend lives up at the tippy top of Lake View in that other subdivision above yours. I decided to bike up there with Brody. Hello! That was steep. I knew you lived around lots 8-10 because Mr. S told me you would be his neighbor. I guessed at which house it might be and I think I was right. How lovely! Now, the timing on it all makes me wonder if you really WERE holding out for this house (you jokingly said something like that to me when we bought it :>) but aren't you glad to have such a lovely BRAND NEW home with all those features! We are dealing with mice, moles, replaceing garage doors (that I backed into) pool liners, heat pump, and guters. Good thing Todd likes projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I will stop by, probably next week if it's not raining on a Wed or Thurs morn. If you're not home, no sweat....it'll get me up there again. I do miss biking through MapleCrest. It's fun to tour a new home. I'm so happy for you guys. I think you must have doubled in size!

    ReplyDelete