Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good News!

I decided long ago that I am NOT a blogger. Our lives are just not that interesting. I can barely come up with anything for our annual Christmas letter. But this process to adopt has been anything other than boring. And now we are so close to bringing Haylee Mei home we want to share it with everyone.

Today we received our LOA or Letter of Confirmation. This is basically a piece of paper saying that the authorities in China have agreed to let us adopt our baby. We received it much quicker than our social worker anticipated. She believes that we will be able to travel in 8 to 9 weeks. We are so excited!

Which brings me back to blogging. I wanted some way to share the excitement with our family and friends leading up to and during our journey to China. And so I suppose for the next couple months I will be a blogger if for no other reason than to share this wonderful experience.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie,

    I came right home from the primary activity and sat down at my computer to see Haylee and in some way be a part of what is going on in your family right now. I am soooo excited for you and incredibly moved by your story. I know you say you aren't a blogger etc. but when you look back on all that has happened in your family and how Haylee came into your lives you will be so glad that you have recorded it. I could not be more thrilled for you and Kevin and for this little girl that you have waited for and wanted so desperately for so long. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her. Alli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I am not a blogger either. But we do have a blog if you want to look at it? The reason I am writing is that I saw your comment on Aimee's travelblog and that you were waiting for TA, I wanted to see what your dates were and they are the same as us. Our LOA came 1/22/09 and we are waiting for our TA. I jump every time I hear the phone ring because I am hoping for news about our TA. Our little girl is from the Guangdong Province also. Maybe we will all be there at the same time????

    ReplyDelete