Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New House Pics


Carpet has been a NIGHTMARE! I've been to the carpet place so often that everyone knew me. It was really hard to narrow it down to two samples. I've had them the last month or so trying to decide which one. So the carpet guy calls and says we've got to get this ordered TODAY! So me and Kevin go in and it is then that he informs me that he doesn't like either of my samples and want to pick something else out. So after months of agonizing, narrowing down and thinking about carpet, Kevin makes a split second decision and we have to pick the carpet color from a teeny, tiny sample. I'm still not happy about it but oh well. If you hate my carpet please direct all comments to Kevin.

On the other hand I couldn't be more happy with my trim. I think it all turned out lovely.


And here are the trim wrapped windows in the back. They had orginally forgotten to put them on and so they had to come back and add. They painted them yesterday and I love the way it looks.





More pics of trim.



Closet trim




Things have really picked up. They are now doing the finish work. Today when we were at the house there were a dozen people working. It is so fun to see it all coming together. They will be working on our fireplace/entertainment center and concrete today.




2 comments:

  1. That is looking absolutely BEAUTIFUL! How exciting and fun to be getting a new house!

    Also, would you by chance know anything about a little Twilight envelope that made its way to my house last week? You're the only one I can think of that would have sent it! I want to thank you if it was you.

    (Also, the envelope was torn and whatever fabulous thing had been inside must have fallen out. Either that or my mailman is an Edward fan. The curiosity is killing me though!)

    Thanks, friend, if it was you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, It's really close. Looks great. Makes me want to build again. LOVE the trim!

    ReplyDelete