Thursday, March 26, 2009

Guangzhou at last!




We are here!!! Yay!! I'm exhausted. The trip was brutal! We left Portland at 10:30 am on Wednesday and got to our hotel at 11:30 pm Thursday night. Since we didn't sleep very well the night before we left and sleeping on the plane was impossible we gone nearly three days without sleep. And last night wasn't any better. We get Haylee in just a few short hours and our nerves were frayed - so no sleep again.
Hard to leave the kids but they are doing well with grandma and grandpa. Thought I was going to loose it leaving Portland. Miss you guys so much. Can't wait to get Skype up.
Funny thing that keeps happening is people think Kevin is Chinese so they talk to him in Mandarin and he has no clue what they are saying. It has been funny because they look at me and say "juice or water" and then they look at Kevin and say the same thing in Chinese. I can't tell you it would have been helpful if he did speak the language.
Guide is fantastic - Cordelia. We will post later this afternoon when we have Haylee!


3 comments:

  1. Saw kids out riding their bikes - they looked well and fine. Can't wait till the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's here. I bet you are getting to know Haylee as I speak. I hope you will be able to get some rest soon but for now you are probably on a major adrenaline rush. Kevin had months to learn mandarin. I'm ashamed of him.
    love, the Aglers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoke with Harrison at the pack meeting last night. He really shined telling us all he knows about dinosaurs. Our monthly theme was "Jurassic Pack" You have a wonderful family and we are grateful to be able to share this experience with all of you. Much love,
    The Percy's

    ReplyDelete