Friday, March 20, 2009

While I'm Away

So while I'm away I wanted to do something special for my kids. I thought about it alot and finally came up with these mailboxes. Every day my mom is going to put something inside for my kids from us. Here are some of the ideas. (I know it's not completely creative but I was short on time.)

I found these little albums at Michaels. I told the kids to draw pictures of their favorite things they did while I was away.

"Give grandma or grandpa a hug...then have fun decorating this mug."



Some cute little toys from Michaels.

I asked the kids to use the stickers to make a
card for Haylee.
Picture of each child on they day they were born.
On the back I wrote about the day they joined our
family.
At Joann's they had these cute make your own
puzzles. I wrote - "without you a piece of me is
missing."

Online I found some fun things about China
and some puzzles. I also have some cards with
Chinese characters to copy.
"Bubbles, Bubbles... mind grandma and grandpa
and don't get in trouble."

"Even when I'm away you are still in my heart"
I also have a couple of other things that I didn't take pictures of. One is a card from their dad. That will be a treat because he rarely writes anything to them. And another is a gift card to Wendy's. I hardly ever let them get the kid's meal and they'll get a kick out of ordering and paying for it with their own gift card.




















































































































































































4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your ideas. I might have to borrow some of them when we travel. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, creative idea!! Your children will be excited every day (well, I would be!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to be able to read about this on your blog. Have so much fun and squeeze that baby tight!!!!! What an exciting time for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Look at you! Everyday, I realize there is just more and more I can learn from you.

    ReplyDelete